Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Apparently, Peter Jackson's megalophobia does not apply to movie titles) is the final installment of the Hobbit trilogy. Now you may ask: "How can you review a movie that isn't even out yet?" To which I reply, "When has not seeing a movie ever stopped me from reviewing it?" I am confident in my ability to predict film stories based on semi-related past knowledge. I won't spoil my predicted story here(since posting spoilers for movies before they are even finished is extremely rude), but it will likely:

  • Focus excessively on characters that aren't even canon, possibly having more LotR characters show up for no reason (based on the 2 previous films)
  • Involve a battle between 5 armies (I don't know why, just a random guess I had)
  • Have Sauron's army show up to make it more of a LotR prequel (once again, based on previous films)
  • Continue completely unnecessary elf-dwarf romantic subplot
  • Have a really, really long ending(based on ending of previous Peter Jackson trilogy)
  • Still be awesome (Because Tolkien)
Third review and I still didn't get to talk about the movie's quality. Umm... Yeah, it's pretty good.

47/56

Warning: The title of the movie contains three instances of the word "the". If you are offended by the grammatical concept of articles, do not watch this film. Actually, probably still watch it, because, come on, it's Tolkien.

No comments:

Post a Comment